CONDITIONAL AGREEMENT OF SALE CONTRACT (male show/breed)
BETWEEN SELLER: Patricia A. Cazenave, 901 Ricka Ct, Chesapeake, VA 23322-3724 / (757) 482-4781
The Seller is the owner of a Portuguese Water Dog hereafter identified as "the dog" and further described as follows:
AKC Registered Name of the Dog:
Color and Markings:
Date of Birth:
Name of Sire:
AKC#: OFA#: CERF#: GM: ERG: , Elbow:
Name of Dame:
AKC#: OFA#: CERF#: GM: ERG: , Elbow:
The Buyer(s) agree(s) to a purchase price of $
The Seller agrees to deliver the dog to the Buyer(s) under the warranties, representations and conditions described in this Agreement of Sale and no other warranties, representations and conditions exist either expressed or implied.
1. The dog is a purebred Portuguese Water Dog registerable with the American Kennel Club (AKC).
2. The Buyer(s) acknowledge(s) that (he/she/they) (has/have) personally inspected the dog and that it is as represented and fully satisfactory.
3. The Seller is aware of no physical illness of the dog. The Buyer(s) (is/are) free to have the dog inspected by a veterinarian within 48 hours of the purchase date with the privilege of returning the dog to the Seller for a full refund within that time if the veterinarian certifies that the dog is not physically sound.
4. The Seller agrees to refund the purchase price if the dog develops crippling hip dysplasia within one year of the purchase date indicated on the first page of this Agreement of Sale.
5. If, for any reason, the Buyer(s) decide(s) to sell or otherwise transfer ownership or dispose of the dog, the Buyer(s) (is/are) required, under the terms of this Agreement of Sale, to notify the Seller immediately. The Seller maintains the right of first refusal to acquire the dog.
6. The Buyer(s) agree(s) never to sell, give, or otherwise deliver the dog to any pet shop, pet farm, or similar institution. Any attempt to do so shall invalid the conditions of sale, the Buyer(s) shall forfit all rights to the dog, and the Seller shall be entitled to repossess the dog with no recompense to the Buyer(s). The Buyer(s) shall be responsible for all costs of repossession, including reasonable attorney's fees.
7. The dog is being sold as show/breed quality and as such, the Buyer(s) agree(s) to exhibit the dog in American Kennel Club conformation point shows for a reasonable period of time in order to acquire a breed championship.
8. The Buyer(s) agree(s) to Canine Eye Registration Foundation (cerf) and do preliminary Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) xrays to the dog at one (1) year of age. The Buyer(s) further agree(s) to repeat the OFA xrays at two (2) years of age and cerf the dog every year. The Buyer(s) will send photostatic copies of the results of all tests and titles to the Seller for record purposes.
9. As both Sire and Dam are GM1 N95A, the dog does not require storage testing prior to sale. However, the Buyer(s) agree(s), prior to breeding the dog, to storage test it in accordance with PWDCA recommendations and make the results available to Seller. The Buyer(s) also acknowledge(s) (his/her/their) responsibility to sustaining and improving the breed by ensuring that, to the best of (his/her/their) ability, breeding pardners are selected based on sound genetic selection criteria.
10. The Buyer(s) agree(s) to provide stud rights back to the Seller throughout the breeding life of the dog and under the conditions and at the locations specified by the Seller. These rights will be provided at no cost to the Seller except those incurred in the transportation and housing of the dog.
11. The Buyer(s) agree(s) to include the word "Navio" as the first word in the name under which the dog is American Kennel Club (AKC) registered.
12. Failure on the part of the Buyer(s) to satisfy any of the afore stated provisions shall invalid the conditions of sale, the Buyer(s) shall forfit all rights to the dog, and the Seller shall be entitled to repossess the dog with no recompense to the Buyer(s). The Buyer(s) shall be responsible for all costs of repossession, including reasonable attorney's fees.
13. The Seller is bound by this agreement to the original Buyer(s) only. The State Of Virginia will be state of record for any legal proceeding in reference to this Contract by either the Seller or the Buyer(s).
14. No other warrantees or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated herein.
15. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the Seller and the Buyer(s) with regard to the sale of the dog. The provisions of this document may be modified only by written agreement co-signed by the Seller and the Buyer(s).
This agreement is made for the mutual benefit and protection of the Buyer(s) and the Seller.
Signed in duplicate.
Consented and agreed to:
Return to the Home Page